The Foundation exam is the entry level certification and offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
This certification is primarily aimed at:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, or contribute to, ongoing service improvement.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification is open to and can benefit anyone who has an interest in the subject.
Holders of an ITIL Foundation certification are likely to require further guidance before being able to apply the ITIL practices for IT Service Management (ITSM) to professional projects or situations.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.